Friday, May 3, 2013

An Irish surprise

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12 NIV “For nothing is impossible with God.” Luke 1:37 These scriptures come to mind during this adoption process. Today Freddy and I finally found the time to get some papers notarized, then we had to redo our money order and resend to San Francisco for authentication...its our marriage certificate from Nevada that's giving us all this fuss! We are studing Chinese mandarin weekly-but it's not easy. Our homestudy hasn't been completed yet, so we're waiting to see and hopefully, approve it soon. We anticipate the USCIS process next, so that we can be done with this dossier already. Today, I returned home from serving at our church (where I care for the toddlers). Irish Mickey Ward, was sitting in my kitchen. He is a long time friend of my uncle Arturo's, and it was quite a surprise! You want to talk about a humble, genuine person...Mickey is definitley one of them. He has been very supportive and helpful with my uncle Arturo's murder case. I may have lost the world's greatest uncle, but it is nice to see that Mickey has picked up where my uncle has left off...and I see the fruit of God in his work. He has a great heart and he is a positive influence in the sport of boxing. We told him all about our adoption, and it was kind of like talking to my uncle, all over again. Because of their great hearts, they see how important and great adoption is in a family, and to a child that needs a home. God, you are too good to me. Amen.

No comments: