Saturday, December 21, 2013

"Oh Christmas Tree"

As I have mentioned in a prior post, I have become ill with another cold and can barely speak. With so much stress this year, I think my body is just not able recuperate properly, these days. I guess its been kinda evident at church, because I received a text the other day by my new friend Abigail, who said she'd be at my house at 5pm with chicken-noodle-soup?! I was dumbfounded; because not only did she arrive with chicken-noodle-soup that she'd made, but she also had fresh bread, pizza and herbal tea. It might have been emotional, but I immediately felt better when I had that tea and soup:) And I have never had anyone do anything like this for us before. It feels good to be part of a community/church of such caring people! These days have been very miraculous, and its supposed to be this way right? Well how about this one...with all the craziness this year, we decided to say no to the Christmas tree? I thought this made sense, we knew we'd be traveling close to Christmas if not on Christmas...and we'd be away for 2 weeks, so who would throw it away? And Faith is in an orphanage so why bother, really? Let's keep our hearts focused on Christ and His purpose and will....well maybe, He's trying to tell us something this year because a big, white truck pulled up into our drive way today and behind it, was a very, tall Christmas tree already on a stand? Our other two friends from Rio Church Bill and Susan, exited the truck and presented their gift to us-a Christmas tree! They bought the ornaments, lights and balls and had Freddy help them drag it in our dining room. Then they, along with our children decorated the tree. Our jaws were dropped! literally! How amazing are these people? It just brought tears to our eyes and it was hard to cry with the shock of it all. I am so floored by the kindness and thoughtfulness and prayers that these people have faithfully, offered up to us. Lord I thank you for them! I thank you Lord for all that you do and for the hearts that you touch. We are so BLESSED!

No comments: