Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our Fundraising plans

I told you I was going to be a bad blogger, its been a couple of days since the homestudyand I haven't even written anything!




Well all I can say at this point is that it went very well. The social worker is very nice and we are very comfortable with her. Its far from being over, but I know it will go by fast regardless...of my having to endure minutes of having to listen to Fred talk about his first marriage, with a big smile on his face!










An Orphan's Tear or

Bringing Hope Home Panda

BOTH : $19.99 EACH






I just received my chains that I ordered for the fundraising, its a little 'Orphan's Tear' in silver. Each chain I sell gives 25 cups of food, on top of shares that go to Hope. So I am proud of this one because it is a gift that keeps on giving, and its actually a very pretty peice.


I also ordered these little panda bears that have t shirts on them that read, 'Bringing Home Hope'. They come in tomorrow I think, and we will also be selling those, along with a huge garage sale that will take place soon..in which Freddy agreed to sell his massage chair..folks the man is serious! What a man!



We've spoken to the church as well; and we want to be baptized together Freddy & I, and so there is going to be a lot of work on that end also. Stuff like, carwashes, BBQ's, spaghetti dinners etc. My brothers are helping me tremendously, along with all the pretty girls that follow them around.

I don't remember if we announced this yet or not, but it's official our daughter to be will be named Hope Isabel'. I just found this beautiful representation of what the name Hope means to us, along with the fact that Freddy's mother and grandmother, are named Hope.

H-EAR FROM GOD:
Orphans are so significant to the heart of God... Communities of faith should always begin any work by listening to God...
O-BEY:
The church must respond to God’s call to care for orphans in some way... Start with the little things that God has put in front of your church...
P-LAN:
Whether it's orphan care or adoption ministry, an important step is taking the time to assess your church needs as well as your resources as a church community...
E-XPECT MIRACLES
We serve a God who is also in the business of miracles, and you can expect to experience Him as you join Him in His work with the Fatherless...

No comments: